After the pandemic, remote work defines a new normal for many. Regardless of a return date, planning ahead is key for any organization. As offices slowly begin to reopen, taking time to welcome your employees back to the office is a smart HR and organizational strategy.
What Are Welcome Back Gifts?
A standard practice in many industries, welcome back gifts help employees feel appreciated in the workplace. After two years of quarantine, back-to-work gifts are often related to the pandemic. However, welcome back gifts can be shared for many other reasons, such as new parents returning from maternity/paternity leave, sabbaticals, injuries, or any other leave of absence.
Think about how many employees may have been hired during the pandemic, and perhaps never even worked in the office. Consider this a welcome-to-the-office (for the first time) gift!
Why Are Welcome Back Gifts for Employees Important?
It’s been a tough few years for the country and world. Gifting employees with useful and generous items is good for mental health and positivity. Welcome back to the office gifts are beneficial for people-first-oriented organizations. Let’s dive into the perks!
- Could be an employee’s first physical impression of the office – make it a good one!
- Creates employee morale
- Brings excitement to the first day back (helps calm initial jitters)
- Allows you to showcase your company culture and show employees you value them
- Builds retention rates
- Helps employees feel appreciated and safe
What Are Some Welcome Back to Work Gift Ideas?
Whatever back-to-work gifts you brainstorm will be appreciated by employees, no matter the contents. Need some help?
Health & Safety Care Packages
- Hand sanitizers
- Cleaning wipes
- Emergen-C packs
- Local stores
- Grocery stores
Useful Office Supplies
- Ergonomic chairs
- Branded company laptop cases
- New office coffee machine
- Blue light glasses
- Webcam blockers
- Yoga mats
- Essential oils
- Picture frames
Food and Treats
- Weekly supply of meal kits
Apparel & Company Swag Items
Organization & Bags
- Fanny packs
- Overnight totes
- Bag organizers
- Doc kits
Tips For Back To Work Gift Planning
With employees returning to the office, what are some tips for HR managers to keep in mind?
- Plan ahead of time! Make sure gifts are ready to go on the first day back – that includes wrapping, organizing, adding name cards, and having everything to go on the desks.
- Don’t skimp on the packaging – make sure it’s presented nicely and looks professional.
- Be inclusive of your work community.
- Personalize! Purchasing gifts that cater to an employee’s age, hometown, or hobbies.
- Handwritten cards are also great!
- Stay strategic! Don’t buy items that aren’t useful.
- Most importantly – brand it with your company logo or name!
Where to Buy Back to the Office Gifts
While many gifts can be purchased from brick and mortar and online stores, which works fine if you have a small employee population. But if your workforce is returning to the office, reach out to a promotional agency to help you source and brand your gifts. It’s more cost-effective to work with an agency for branded items. Other benefits of using resources like Centricity include:
- Curating and assembling kits
- Online shopping
- Door–to–door delivery
- Customization & engraving
Final Thoughts on Welcome Back to the Office Gifts
Shopping for colleagues can be a daunting task. Leave your worries behind! At Centricity, we’re dedicated to helping businesses elevate their workplace experiences through employee engagement programs that foster peak performance and creativity. Get in touch with us today to learn more about custom brand solutions with Centricity@Work.
Do you need welcome back gifts for employees? Send us the details, and we’ll send you some more great ideas! Let’s connect!